Introductory Workshop |
09 January 2024
Open Educational Resources in Higher Education
09 January 2024
02:00 – 04:00 p.m.
(Central European Time)
For all those interested in OER
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching and learning materials that are freely accessible to educators. Since they allow adaptation to specific teaching and learning contexts as well as (collaborative) further development, OER can be used to support the design of educational offerings. The production and publication of OER gives educators the opportunity to make their own work visible in the scientific community. At the same time, similar to open access publications, access to education is improved and an open teaching/learning culture is promoted.
Despite these opportunities, OER are not yet fully established in the higher education sector. Reasons for this include individual uncertainties regarding legal, technical, or didactic issues. In this workshop, you will learn about the characteristics of Open Educational Resources and reflect on opportunities and challenges that go along with their use. A special emphasis lies on copyright and open licensing. In interactive exercises and with practical examples, you will learn how to integrate OER into your work and what to consider when creating your own OER. In addition, you will get to know the key functions and features of the Lower Saxony OER-portal twillo.
- key characteristics of Open Educational Resources (OER)
- basics of copyright and licensing law
- integration of openly licensed materials into one’s own work
- publishing one’s own work as OER
- functions and features of the OER portal twillo
Educational staff, university employees and students who are interested in the topic of OER.
- Noreen Krause (project leader OER-Portal twillo, TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology )
- Britta Beutnagel (research associate, TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology)
Tuesday, 09 January 2024, 02:00-04:00 p.m. (CEST)
The workshop will be held online.
The seminar is organized by the TIB – Technical Information Library.